From: Daphtg on
In my first column I have 4 cells (1-4) (5-8) etc. with general content.
The content from each of these 4 cells needs to be placed in a separate
column to make a list that I can sort etc.
Example: COLUMN A
1 01-04-425-001
2 Heatherridge Road #301
3 Harry Smith
4 H25 Condo Fairfax Place
5 01-05-356-041
6 McGrath Street # 56
7 Mary Jones
8 B45 Condo Lemon Circle . . . . . . and so on and so on
every 4 cells.
I have hundreds of 4 cell descriptions. I just can't do this one by one.
Can anyone help, PLEASE, PLEASE. I am really a novice at Excel though I
use it for everything everyday.
There must be some kind of a formula or something.

Thank you so much in advance. I can't spend the next 6 months doing this one
by one or retyping each one. I have many other things to do in my job.

By the way I am on a MAC 10.4.11 using Excel 2004 if that makes a difference.

From: Gord Dibben on
In B1 enter this formula

=INDEX($A$1:$A$4000,4*ROWS($1:1)-4+COLUMNS($A:A))

Drag/copy across to E1

Select B1:E1 and drag/copy down until you get zeros.

Alter the 4000 if you need more rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP