From: mr_peter_stevenson on
Hi all,

Okay I appreciate that things have changed in Solaris 10 and I'll have
to do some reading...

But, can anybody give me a hint for a clue how to get ssh running on
Solaris 10.

It's a default install on a v210, I've tried a bit with

# svcadm enable network/ssh and also with the recursive option that I
think is supposed to start dependant services. svcs shows it offline,
one of the dependant services is autofs, but I have no idea what this
is or how to turn it on.

.... It's getting a bit chilly here in the server room, so I'd like to
learn back at my nice warm desk ...

;-)

TIA,

P.

From: Hawkmage on
mr_peter_stevenson(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Okay I appreciate that things have changed in Solaris 10 and I'll have
> to do some reading...
>
> But, can anybody give me a hint for a clue how to get ssh running on
> Solaris 10.
>
> It's a default install on a v210, I've tried a bit with
>
> # svcadm enable network/ssh and also with the recursive option that I
> think is supposed to start dependant services. svcs shows it offline,
> one of the dependant services is autofs, but I have no idea what this
> is or how to turn it on.
>
> ... It's getting a bit chilly here in the server room, so I'd like to
> learn back at my nice warm desk ...
>
> ;-)
>
> TIA,
>
> P.

I installed Sol 10 on a SunBlade 1000 and the ssh daemon was already set
to auto start so I did not have to do anything.

What do you get if you do a "svcs -l ssh"?
I get the following:
# svcs -l ssh
fmri svc:/network/ssh:default
name Secure Shell
enabled true
state online
next_state none
restarter svc:/system/svc/restarter:default
contract_id 181
dependency require_all/restart file://localhost/etc/ssh/sshd_config (-)
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/cryptosvc (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/network/loopback (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/filesystem/usr:default (online)

I would assume that the usr file system and loopback services are online
but what about the cryptosvc and the file /etc/ssh/sshd_config?

--
Thanks
Hawkmage(a)gmail.com
From: Helmut Schneider on
mr_peter_stevenson(a)hotmail.com (mr_peter_stevenson(a)hotmail.com) wrote:

> Okay I appreciate that things have changed in Solaris 10 and I'll have
> to do some reading...
>
> But, can anybody give me a hint for a clue how to get ssh running on
> Solaris 10.
>
> It's a default install on a v210, I've tried a bit with
>
> # svcadm enable network/ssh and also with the recursive option that I
> think is supposed to start dependant services. svcs shows it offline,
> one of the dependant services is autofs, but I have no idea what this
> is or how to turn it on.

See news:38j0qfF5gc512U1(a)individual.net and install OpenSSL/H

HTH, Helmut

--
Please do not feed my mailbox, Swen still does his job well
From: Pete on
Thanks for pointers!

====
bash-3.00# svcs -d network/ssh:default
STATE STIME FMRI
online 19:42:20 svc:/network/loopback:default
online 19:42:24 svc:/network/physical:default
online 19:42:24 svc:/system/cryptosvc:default
online 19:42:27 svc:/system/filesystem/local:default
online 19:42:28 svc:/system/utmp:default
offline 19:42:17 svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default

bash-3.00# svcs -l ssh
fmri svc:/network/ssh:default
name SSH server
enabled true
state offline
next_state none
state_time Thu 10 Mar 2005 07:42:17 PM GMT
restarter svc:/system/svc/restarter:default
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/filesystem/local (online)
dependency optional_all/none svc:/system/filesystem/autofs (offline)
dependency require_all/none svc:/network/loopback (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/network/physical (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/cryptosvc (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/utmp (online)
dependency require_all/restart file://localhost/etc/ssh/sshd_config (online)

bash-3.00# svcadm enable system/filesystem/autofs:default

bash-3.00# svcs -l ssh
fmri svc:/network/ssh:default
name SSH server
enabled true
state offline
next_state none
state_time Thu 10 Mar 2005 07:42:17 PM GMT
restarter svc:/system/svc/restarter:default
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/filesystem/local (online)
dependency optional_all/none svc:/system/filesystem/autofs (offline)
dependency require_all/none svc:/network/loopback (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/network/physical (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/cryptosvc (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/utmp (online)
dependency require_all/restart file://localhost/etc/ssh/sshd_config (online)

bash-3.00# svcadm enable -r network/ssh

bash-3.00# svcs -l ssh
fmri svc:/network/ssh:default
name SSH server
enabled true
state offline
next_state none
state_time Thu 10 Mar 2005 07:42:17 PM GMT
restarter svc:/system/svc/restarter:default
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/filesystem/local (online)
dependency optional_all/none svc:/system/filesystem/autofs (offline)
dependency require_all/none svc:/network/loopback (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/network/physical (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/cryptosvc (online)
dependency require_all/none svc:/system/utmp (online)
dependency require_all/restart file://localhost/etc/ssh/sshd_config (online)

bash-3.00# uname -a
SunOS v210 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210

bash-3.00# showrev
Hostname: v210
Hostid: xxxxxx
Release: 5.10
Kernel architecture: sun4u
Application architecture: sparc
Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems
Domain:
Kernel version: SunOS 5.10 Generic

====

TIA,

P.
From: D. Rock on
Pete <mr_peter_stevenson(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for pointers!

What is in the logfile (/var/svc/log/network-ssh:default.log)?

--
Daniel