From: Le-shin Wu on
I can successfully create a ssh connection within a index.php file by using
ssh2_connect(). But when I try to create a web service by using the same
code, I got "Unable to connect to a.b.c.d (IP address) on port 22" error. In
other words, if I run the command "php index.php" under shell prompt, it
works perfectly; but if I request the same file through my Web browser (
http://mydomain/index.php), I got an unable to connect error. Is there
someone having any idea about that. Thanks a lot for your help. (REHL 5 with
PHP 5.1.6)
From: vikash.iitb on
It may be a permission problem.

When you try "php index.php", then its 'your-username' is trying to SSH. But
when you run the script through webserver, the user 'apache' is trying to
SSH.

Can you just check this once.

Thanks,
Vikash Kumar
--
http://vika.sh

From: Le-shin Wu on
Thanks a lot for your advise. In fact, I thought about that as well, but I
do not know how to switch the user from apache to a real user when I send a
request through Web browser. I even tried to use "ssh_rsa" method instead of
password authentication. But I got the same error. Command line fine, but
through web server I got an error in the first place (ssh2_connect). I am
wondering do you have any suggestion. Thanks a lot.

Best

Le-Shin