From: Jesus arteche on
Hello,

Anyone knows if it's possible to authenticate an user with ...user, pass and
a personal certificate....I mean, each user has name, pass and a certificate
to login in aplication.

Thanks
From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. on
In <AANLkTinj-V5Sp3DwdGXxKuEPbFzpemTkH1GqGwfv+ExJ(a)mail.gmail.com>, Jesus
arteche wrote:
>Anyone knows if it's possible to authenticate an user with ...user, pass and
>a personal certificate....I mean, each user has name, pass and a certificate
>to login in aplication.

It certainly is possible.

However, it is non-trivial to convert an application from user/pass to
user/pass+certificate.

Also, if the method you use to associate a certificate generated by the user
to a username OR the method you use to transfer a certificate generated by the
application (or something server-/organization-side) to the user is less
secure, it may not be worth the trouble.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss(a)iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))
From: Jordon Bedwell on
On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 11:31 +0200, Jesus arteche wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyone knows if it's possible to authenticate an user with ...user,
> pass and a personal certificate....I mean, each user has name, pass
> and a certificate to login in aplication.
>
> Thanks

You need to elaborate what an "application" is. PHP/Python/Perl
Websites are by all definitions applications too, even more so if
they're compiled, which all of them are, just some of them at runtime
rather then static compiles.