From: Justin P. Mattock on
On 07/16/2010 12:00 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:09:03AM +0100, Valeo de Vries wrote:
>> That said, from what I've seen of late, there's only one guy (Greg) handling
>> most of the stable stuff (there are probably others working behind the
>> scenes),?and he has a hell of a lot on his plate.
>
> Nope, it's just me :)
>
> thanks,
>
> greg "i need some minions" k-h
> the body of a message to majordomo(a)vger.kernel.org

you need some some minions...

Justin P. Mattock
From: Randy Dunlap on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:00:10 -0700 Greg KH wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:09:03AM +0100, Valeo de Vries wrote:
> > That said, from what I've seen of late, there's only one guy (Greg) handling
> > most of the stable stuff (there are probably others working behind the
> > scenes),?and he has a hell of a lot on his plate.
>
> Nope, it's just me :)
>
> thanks,
>
> greg "i need some minions" k-h
> --

Chris Wright is still listed in MAINTAINERS...

---
~Randy
From: Valeo de Vries on
On 16 July 2010 08:00, Greg KH <greg(a)kroah.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:09:03AM +0100, Valeo de Vries wrote:
>> That said, from what I've seen of late, there's only one guy (Greg) handling
>> most of the stable stuff (there are probably others working behind the
>> scenes),?and he has a hell of a lot on his plate.
>
> Nope, it's just me :)
>
> thanks,
>
> greg "i need some minions" k-h

I thought that was the case, alas.

I'm not sure how much time I could commit, but I'd be interested in
helping out, even if it's just reviewing and testing patches heading
for stable. Are there any specific areas you could use a hand with
though?

Valeo
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge on
On 07/15/2010 11:59 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 07:58:42PM +0400, William Pitcock wrote:
>> 2.6.32.16 (possibly 2.6.32.15) has a regression where it is unusable
>> as a Xen domU. I would say 2.6.32.12 is the best choice since who knows
>> what other regressions there are in .16.
> Did you happen to tell the stable maintainer about this and do a simple
> 'git bisect' to find the offending patch so that it can be resolved?

If it is compiled on Debian then its probably that cmpxchg memory
argument bug which hits in pvclock.c.