From: Richard Lamboj on

Am Wednesday 27 January 2010 15:30:17 schrieb Stefan Behnel:
> Richard Lamboj, 27.01.2010 15:23:
> > Am Wednesday 27 January 2010 14:10:13 schrieb Stefan Behnel:
> >> Richard Lamboj, 27.01.2010 14:06:
> >>
> >> There's usually tons of things that can go wrong w.r.t. threads:
> >>
> >> http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2006/EECS-2006-1.pdf
> >>
> >> However, there's nothing special to a thread that was started from
> >> another thread, so the problems don't change.
> >
> > i have tried a little bit around with psycopg2 and threads,
> >
> > I'am sharing one connection for all threads. When i'am starting the
> > threads "normal" everything works without any Problem. When i'am starting
> > the threads from another thread than i got a "segmentation fault"
>
> Sounds like a bug that you might want to report to the maintainers of
> psycopg2.
>
> Stefan

Yes i should make a bug report and thanks for your help.

Just some Debugginginfo:
[New Thread 0x429b5950 (LWP 27486)]
python-dbg: ../Objects/stringobject.c:116: PyString_FromString: Assertion
`str != ((void *)0)' failed.

[Switching to Thread 0x431b6950 (LWP 27484)]
0x00007f6d932feed5 in raise () from /lib/libc.so.6
From: Aahz on
In article <4b60a661$0$1598$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>,
John Nagle <nagle(a)animats.com> wrote:

>If a C package called from Python crashes, the package is defective.
>Nothing you can do from Python should be able to cause a segmentation
>fault.

....unless you use ctypes.
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/