From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

I'm a correct if I say that when you have static members you can't use any
kind of inheriatance ?

//Tony

From: Alberto Poblacion on
"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
> I'm a correct if I say that when you have static members you can't use any
> kind of inheriatance ?

No, that's not correct. You can inherit perfectly well from a class that
contains static members. It's just that the static members will be shared
with any instances of the child class, and they cannot be overridden. But
otherwise, the class can be inherited with no problem.

From: David Anton on
No - having static members doesn't interfere with inheritance.
Public static members of a base class become static members of the derived
class, so static members participate in the inheritance scheme.
--
David Anton
Convert between VB, C#, C++, & Java

From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 31-05-2010 09:17, Tony Johansson wrote:
> I'm a correct if I say that when you have static members you can't use any
> kind of inheriatance ?

A class with static members can both be a sub class of another
class and have sub classes.

But static members can not be virtual/overridden. This makes
inheritance somewhat irrelevant for static members.

Arne