From: Michael Hieke on
Declan McMullen wrote:

> Could you tell me what the second parameter is doing?

For calls where std::strings in the database character set need to be
converted to the system character set we pass the proper conversion object.

> And should I be passing a value to it or leave it defaulting to 0 ?

You can omit it if you only ever go from wxString to std::string and
back in the current system encoding.

HTH

--
Michael Hieke

From: Declan McMullen on
cheers

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Michael Hieke <
michael.hieke(a)elwi-elektronik.de> wrote:

> Declan McMullen wrote:
>
> Could you tell me what the second parameter is doing?
> >

> For calls where std::strings in the database character set need to be
> converted to the system character set we pass the proper conversion object.
>
> And should I be passing a value to it or leave it defaulting to 0 ?
> >

> You can omit it if you only ever go from wxString to std::string and back
> in the current system encoding.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Michael Hieke