From: Wes Groleau on
On 07-06-2010 06:18, krishnananda wrote:
> Follow-ups reset correctly

Nice try (wish I'd thought of it), but it only works on
replies, and who's going to reply. Oh, yeah, only me. :-)

--
Wes Groleau

"What progress we are making! In the Middle Ages, they would have
burnt me; nowadays they are content with burning my books."
-- Sigmund Freud, 1933
"He was never to know that even that was only an illusory progress,
that ten years later they would have burned his body as well."
-- Ernest Jones, 1953
From: John Varela on
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 04:28:54 UTC, Wes Groleau
<Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:

> If youd like to flame me for inaccurate re-telling, read
> the 25th chapter of I Samuel and flame away.

No comment except that your chronology is about 300 years off.

--
John Varela
From: Wes Groleau on
On 07-06-2010 10:42, John Varela wrote:
> No comment except that your chronology is about 300 years off.

I acknowledge making a wild guess about the number of years
between Exodus and David's fugitive status. Not that Exodus
is precisely known. My father wrote an article that was
fairly persuasive (to me) in establishing the departure from Egypt
at 1446 BC, but apparently he didn't convince scholars more
knowledgeable than me.

--
Wes Groleau

Opaqueness vs opacity - derivational confusion
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=1017