From: TK on

i am sorry i have to open a new thread everytime. when i do a new post it
goes thru msnews which works, however, when i do reply it tries to go to
hotmail.and it can't.
let me try to explain where i am to now. when created the new account it
moved all items from hotmail into the local folder inbox. i can see this is
my only option.
so i am set with incoming mail , however, i cannot send mail even though i
changed to 587. i get the following errors;

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was xxxxxx(a)hotmail.com
.. Subject '', Account: 'Hotmail (1)', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first',
Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78.

please tell me what to do

thank you

tk

From: N. Miller on
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:01:21 -0400, TK wrote:

> i am sorry i have to open a new thread everytime. when i do a new post it
> goes thru msnews which works, however, when i do reply it tries to go to
> hotmail.and it can't.
> let me try to explain where i am to now. when created the new account it
> moved all items from hotmail into the local folder inbox. i can see this is
> my only option.
> so i am set with incoming mail , however, i cannot send mail even though i
> changed to 587. i get the following errors;
>
> The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
> e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was xxxxxx(a)hotmail.com
> . Subject '', Account: 'Hotmail (1)', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol:
> SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first',
> Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78.
>
> please tell me what to do

Account Properties, Advanced tab. Place a check in the box labeled: "This
server requires a secure connection (SSL)". Also be sure you have marked the
Servers tab with, "My server requires authentication" in the "Outgoing Mail
Server" section.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Your many threads via Google Groups archive (reference):
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?enc_author=g01iOxQAAACS4SYZ5n9rWYCm7yFfgAODOPANdqfI6prRsqjc7uCt1A&scoring=d

Compare your configuration settings to those listed on this page:
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!422.entry

TIP: OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [new Hotmail POP3 account] | Properties |
Servers | Outgoing mail server | My server requires authentication
(<=check/enable this)

TIP: Outgoing (SMTP) server port will need to be 587, not 25, for most
users.

TIP: Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection and it may be causing your problem.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: TK on
thank you everyone for trying to help me it looks like i can send emails now
but i think i must've done something wrong in the process, because, now i
cant access any new emails i get this error
Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account:
'Hotmail (1)', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response:
'-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18.

please help

thank you

tk

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
1. OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [new Hotmail POP3 account] | Properties |
Servers | Outgoing mail server | My server requires authentication
<=check/enable this option

2. Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection and it may be causing the problem.

Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email:
[url]http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm[/url]
--
~PA Bear
www.banthecheck.com