From: Dan on
Just updated my Mac to PPT 2008 (12.2.4). A presentation I've been
running routinely in PPT 2004 now crashes occasionally during running
of a .mov file (in different places). Never ever did that before. It's
sometimes a bad crash. No response from the system, and I need to
reboot the machine! Other times I just get flipped the bird by the
application.

What is a little unusual, and perhaps related, is that when the
application is launched on the show, and I click on "full screen" to
start the presentation, the first frame of my movie file appears
superimposed half-size over the first slide. I click to advance, and
it disappears, leaving the first slide. Never seen that before! Weird.
The movie is actually in the seventh slide, so I have no idea how the
first slide knows about it.

I've closed all other applications, shut off my wifi, and it still
does it. Sometimes. Help! It's a real pain in the rear when I'm giving
this presentation and I end up having to do a reboot and rerun of th
ewhole movie!

From: Lucy Thomson on
Hi Dan

You'll be better off asking over on the Mac specific newsgroup:
Mac discussion groups
http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/
microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint

Lucy