From: shripaldalal on
Hi,

When IE requests a webpage from server, it sends a
HTTP_Accept_Encoding header which says gzip or deflate. It means that
it will accept a HTTP compressed page in GZipped format.

I have a strange problem since the last two days. When I start the
computer, IE will initially accepted Gzipped pages. Then it will stop
accepting Gzipped pages after some time. I dont know why this has
suddenly happened ! I need gzipped pages because the webserver I
request pages from sends only gzipped content.

I used an HTTP viewer and I can see that first couple of minutes IE
sends HTTP_Accept_Encoding: deflate, gzip but then this same thing
comes as HTTP_Accept_Encoding:

It means IE stopped sending the HTTP Encoding header. Has someone
faced this problem before ? Please help.

Best regards,
Shripal.

From: shripaldalal on
On Nov 1, 11:27 pm, shripaldalal <shripalda...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When IE requests a webpage from server, it sends a
> HTTP_Accept_Encoding header which says gzip or deflate. It means that
> it will accept a HTTP compressed page in GZipped format.
>
> I have a strange problem since the last two days. When I start the
> computer, IE will initially accepted Gzipped pages. Then it will stop
> accepting Gzipped pages after some time. I dont know why this has
> suddenly happened ! I need gzipped pages because the webserver I
> request pages from sends only gzipped content.
>
> I used an HTTP viewer and I can see that first couple of minutes IE
> sends HTTP_Accept_Encoding: deflate, gzip but then this same thing
> comes as HTTP_Accept_Encoding:
>
> It means IE stopped sending the HTTP Encoding header. Has someone
> faced this problem before ? Please help.
>
> Best regards,
> Shripal.

Problem solved. Just ran HijackThis and removed certain BHO / junk
entries and it started working.