From: sailorbeware12 on
Okay, so I created a movie using movie maker, and when I publish it to my
computer, the finished product gets a strange outcome. Half of the screen is
the video I created (the top half) and the bottom half is a green bar. How do
I get rid of this?????
From: John Inzer on
sailorbeware12 wrote:
> Okay, so I created a movie using movie maker, and when I publish it
> to my computer, the finished product gets a strange outcome. Half of
> the screen is the video I created (the top half) and the bottom half
> is a green bar. How do I get rid of this?????
FWIW...this newsgroup is for Windows XP Movie Maker...

Anyway...see the following info:

The following info...copied from the net...may be useful:

=====

Fixing the Green Bar Problem in Windows Movie Maker
http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=884

When I tried to follow the directions, I was unable to find XVid on my
computer. So I googled XVid and then went to ( I think) the 2nd entry to
download XVid. After I downloaded it, I was able to follow the directions
from bernzilla and when I published a video - Voila!! no green bar!!!!

Thick Green Line After Movie is Published
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=105025

=====

Good Luck...

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: T Shadow on
"sailorbeware12" <sailorbeware12(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay, so I created a movie using movie maker, and when I publish it to my
> computer, the finished product gets a strange outcome. Half of the screen
> is
> the video I created (the top half) and the bottom half is a green bar. How
> do
> I get rid of this?????

Sounds like Macrovision Copy protection. Sync issues can trigger this even
if Macrovision isn't actually involved. Google it.