From: Archimedes Plutonium on
In my previous post, I talked about strip-geometry-building as a
extension of the Calculus,
but upon further reflection, I believe strip-building-geometry is more
than a extension of the
Calculus but on par to Calculus as a science.

As we come to learn the Calculus, we recognize that the integral is
the reverse (inverse)
of the differentiation and both processes use picket-fence as the unit
in which to convert integral to derivative and vice versa. So it would
be rather difficult in past centuries and decades ago to think there
was a reversal of the whole of Calculus, since it is a reversal
within Calculus of the derivative versus the integral. But Strip-
Building-Geometry is just that,
a wholescale reversal of all of Calculus where we actually build a
geometrical object from
strips. Calculus was the science of decomposing geometrical objects
into picket fences. Here, we reverse that process of decomposition
into one of building a whole new geometrical object. Strip-building-
geometry, unlike the Calculus uses just plain thin strips whereas the
Calculus uses strips with triangles atop one end which we recognize as
a picket-fence.

Now there has never been a need for Strip-building-geometry in physics
nor mathematics until
recently when I derived the speed of light purely out of mathematical
consideration of the sphere with associated pseudosphere. So strip
building geometry was born in year 2010 with the need to derive the
speed of light out of pure mathematics. But here in the desire to form
geometrical vision of the factorial versus the exponental in
probability theory of permutations and combinations, strip building
geometry is further utilized. The probability of all possible
sequential arrangements given a specific number of objects is
permutation of factorial which is
strip-building-geometry. It requires 536 strips to build a specific
sized sphere and with only
268 of those same strips to build the associated (equal diameter)
pseudosphere. This is where
the factorial equals the exponential as 268! = 10^536.

So strip-building-geometry is a vast field of itself and not an
extension of Calculus but a reversal of Calculus. Calculus wants to
measure via the decomposition of geometry whereas
Strip-Building wants to build geometrical objects given a number of
strips.

One of the reasons strip building was late to be discovered, is that
it looks messy, the first
time anyone gets acquinted with it. It looks messy that we have all
these strips overlapping at
the poles of the Earth sphere. But as I said earlier we can cut and
trim strips but we cannot have gaps or holes. We must have some
overlap of strips to glue or rivet, but we must not have gaps. So it
does not look as pretty as the Calculus where it is idealized from
picket-fences to line segments of no width. But perhaps, with time and
advances, we can make the
Strip-Building-Geometry as idealized as Calculus.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/