From: kanyuta on
Subtotal ?? Access ???????????

scot wrote:

Access Subtotal in Query
06-Jun-07

I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When I
group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need but
I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003. How
do I add in the subtotals. Something like

Maryland, Person 1, 5
Maryland, Person 2, 10
Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get
New York, Person 1, 20

On Wednesday, June 06, 2007 2:44 PM
scot wrote:

Access Subtotal in Query
I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When I
group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need but
I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003. How
do I add in the subtotals. Something like

Maryland, Person 1, 5
Maryland, Person 2, 10
Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get
New York, Person 1, 20

On Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:33 PM
Allen Browne wrote:

Do this in a report.
Do this in a report.

In report design view, open the Sorting And Grouping box (View menu.)
Choose the Location field, and in the lower pane of the dialog, set Group
Footer to Yes.

You can now add a subtotal to the group footer section.
The Control Source will be something like this:
=Sum([SumOfValue])

"scott" <scott(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

IIS 7.0 Extensionless UrlRewriting (Short urls)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6592d2d4-bbf4-4ecd-93df-52898c6aa5d7/iis-70-extensionless-url.aspx
From: Bob Barrows on
Yes, Reports handle subtotals quite nicely.

If needs must, a union query can also provide subtotals, but performance
with large tables might not be to your liking. However, it would look like
this (you cannot create union queries in Design View - you must use SQL
View):

SELECT Location, Person, Sum(Value) As Total,
0 As Sorting
FROM tablename
GROUP BY Location, Person
UNION ALL
SELECT Location, 'Subtotal', Sum(Value),1
FROM tablename
GROUP BY Location
ORDER BY Location,Sorting,Person

--