From: Stan Hoeppner on
Carlos Williams put forth on 2/1/2010 10:04 AM:

> I recommend and prefer Roundcube.
>
> http://roundcube.net/

+1

If you're going to offer webmail, you may as well offer IMAP folders instead of
POP. JMHO.

I'm an ex Squirrelmail user and switched to Roundcube, mainly for the nicer user
interface. My Roundcube connects to Dovecot IMAP on the local machine. IIRC,
when I logged in the first time it grabbed all the IMAP folders automatically.
Back when I originally setup Squirrelmail years ago, I had to subscribe all the
folders manually. I'm not sure if this is true of the most recent Squirrelmail
though.

Other than Roundcube, for a really nice modern AJAX interface, take a look at
SOGo. The thing that really impresses me is the right click context menus like
those available in Thunderbird or other GUI mail clients.

I ended up going with Roundcube as I thought SOGo was a bit "heavy" for my
needs. Give the demo a go and see what you think:

http://www.scalableogo.org/english/tour/online_demo.html

--
Stan

From: Jaroslaw Grzabel on
K bharathan wrote:
> hi all
> of course this is a non postfix topic; but i'd like to know from the
> experienced which webmail is best for a postfix pop server
> i'd also have it configured for user soft quota
> guidance appreciated
I would add from my side... Horde IMP. If you need good replacement for
Microsoft Outlook, Horde will definitely meet all your requirements...
and default interface is compatible with mobiles so you can have very
light version of webmail. Configuration is a bit pain but configured
once stays online forever ;-).
> thanks

Regards,
Jarek

From: Charles Marcus on
On 2010-02-01 4:05 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> My Roundcube package is currently up to date, and it is a standard
> Debian package:
>
> [02:21:52][root(a)greer]/$ aptitude show roundcube
> Package: roundcube
> New: yes
> State: installed
> Automatically installed: no
> Version: 0.2.2-1~bpo50+1

Eh? 0.3.1 is the current version, so how is 0.2.2 'up to date'?

--

Best regards,

Charles

From: fakessh on
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 17:17:49 -0500, Charles Marcus
<CMarcus(a)Media-Brokers.com> wrote:
> On 2010-02-01 4:05 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> My Roundcube package is currently up to date, and it is a standard
>> Debian package:
>>
>> [02:21:52][root(a)greer]/$ aptitude show roundcube
>> Package: roundcube
>> New: yes
>> State: installed
>> Automatically installed: no
>> Version: 0.2.2-1~bpo50+1
>
> Eh? 0.3.1 is the current version, so how is 0.2.2 'up to date'?

attention

0.3.1 is the current version , so 0.2.2 is 'up to date'

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* fakessh <fakessh(a)fakessh.eu>:

> > Eh? 0.3.1 is the current version, so how is 0.2.2 'up to date'?
>
> attention
>
> 0.3.1 is the current version , so 0.2.2 is 'up to date'

That's probably some sort of twisted Debian humor .)