From: eva cheng on
My file have two columns A - Month B - Amount
I will change the color to red of certain cells in column B
Can I use the sumif function to total column B of those cells with same
month and color red ?

Many thanks
eva cheng
From: Luke M on
You can't sum by color (is there some criteria you could use, such as
greater than x value?), but you can sum by month like this:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A2:A100,"mmm")="Apr"),B2:B100)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Kristiina on
Dear Eva,

Yes you can.
For "sumif" function it's necessary however that in addition to coloring the
cells you add an additional cell with the color name. See for further details:

http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sumif_using_multiple_criteria_in_microsoft_excel.htm

Hope to have helped :)

Rgrds,
Kristiina