From: undisclosed on

Dear Joe/Elmo,
thanks again for your sensible tip. Indeed the power mgmt of the
Ethernet adaptor had "Allow the computer to turn off device to save
power" was turned on. After I turned it off the error still occurred
however. For the WLAN adaptor I could not really turn this feature off -
it is an adaptor from Intel which only allow power save to "slide"
between high and low which I set to lowest.

btw, here is another observation. After the error occurred I tried an
ISDN dial in. Here is what happened:

1st error window: cannot load phone book - error 1726 : the remote
procedure call failed
2nd error window: cannot load dialog - error 1726 : the remote
procedure call failed

then the dial-in dialog appears as usual, when i am dialed in there is
no symbol in task bar but connection is there.

Maybe that gives another hint.

Best
Daniel

--
dob
From: Elmo on
undisclosed wrote:
> Dear Joe/Elmo,
> thanks again for your sensible tip. Indeed the power mgmt of the
> Ethernet adaptor had "Allow the computer to turn off device to save
> power" was turned on. After I turned it off the error still occurred
> however. For the WLAN adaptor I could not really turn this feature off -
> it is an adaptor from Intel which only allow power save to "slide"
> between high and low which I set to lowest.
>
> btw, here is another observation. After the error occurred I tried an
> ISDN dial in. Here is what happened:
>
> 1st error window: cannot load phone book - error 1726 : the remote
> procedure call failed
> 2nd error window: cannot load dialog - error 1726 : the remote
> procedure call failed
>
> then the dial-in dialog appears as usual, when i am dialed in there is
> no symbol in task bar but connection is there.
>
> Maybe that gives another hint.
>
> Best
> Daniel

The one article I found on the error mentioned that malware had recently
been removed.

You might download, install, update and run Malwarebytes

Joe =o)
From: undisclosed on

Dear all,
the problem seems to be gone. I think it had the following cause: I
realized that I had Apache and MySQL services running unconsciously. It
was a few weeks ago that I started a web app on my computer via the xamp
tool. It allows you to easily startup a web server and database with a
convenient console. I thought when exiting the console and restarting
the Apache and MySQL are automatically stopped - that was not the case.
When turning them off, the problem still occurred but after 1-3 restarts
they were gone. I suspect they caused the error (besides, there were 2
apache.exe processes running) ...

Thanks again for your support
Daniel

--