From: dudemanmax on
Excel 2007.

I need to have some cells with a @ character at the start of them. As soon
as I add it and move out of the cells it gives me a "function not valid"
error. I have tried turning off all sorts of autocorrect and other options
to no avail. How can I get that to stop trying to change it and leave it be?

For example I want the cell to say @image
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Format the cell as text and you will be able to input it.

Pleased hit Yes if my comment has helped.

From: trip_to_tokyo on
. . so in EXCEL 2007 that would be:-

- Home group

- Font then click on the arrow in the lower right hand corner

- Format Cells should launch

- Number tab

- select Text on the left hand side (by clicking it)

- OK

You should then be able to get @image into the cell.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!

From: Ron de Bruin on
Enter it like this

'@