From: stocks on
I know i`m a few years behind on this question but i got to this point for
REGEDIT but when i run it, it still says it has been turned off by the
administrator. where do i go from here?
thanx for looking.

From: John Wunderlich on
=?Utf-8?B?c3RvY2tz?= <stocks(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I know i`m a few years behind on this question but i got to this
> point for REGEDIT but when i run it, it still says it has been
> turned off by the administrator. where do i go from here?

See line 275 (left column) at Kelly's Korner:

"Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD"
<http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm>

HTH,
John
From: stocks on
Thanks John for your help, i`m now in regedit part and done relevant
solutions to the problem but to no avail, i`m still getting the message
system restore has been turned off by group policy/contact the domain
administrator.
Where do i go from this point, any ideas. thanx for your time.

From: John Wunderlich on

> Thanks John for your help, i`m now in regedit part and done
> relevant solutions to the problem but to no avail, i`m still
> getting the message system restore has been turned off by group
> policy/contact the domain administrator.
> Where do i go from this point, any ideas. thanx for your time.

When "group policy" is envolved, think "gpedit".
Start -> Run -> "gpedit.msc"

There's a lot of settings that may affect System Restore, but I'd look
here:

Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates -> System Restore ->
Turn off System Restore.

HTH,
John

From: John Wunderlich on
John Wunderlich <jwunderlich(a)lycos.com> wrote in

>> "John Wunderlich" wrote:
>>
>>> =?Utf-8?B?c3RvY2tz?= <stocks(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

>>> See line 275 (left column) at Kelly's Korner:
>>>
>>> "Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD"
>>> <http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm>
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> John
>>>
> =?Utf-8?B?c3RvY2tz?= <stocks(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> Thanks John for your help, i`m now in regedit part and done
>> relevant solutions to the problem but to no avail, i`m still
>> getting the message system restore has been turned off by group
>> policy/contact the domain administrator.
>> Where do i go from this point, any ideas. thanx for your time.
>>

> When "group policy" is envolved, think "gpedit".
> Start -> Run -> "gpedit.msc"
>
> There's a lot of settings that may affect System Restore, but I'd
> look here:
>
> Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates -> System
> Restore ->
> Turn off System Restore.
>
> HTH,
> John

Make that:
Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates ->
System -> System Restore -> Turn off System Restore

-- John

Pages: 1
Prev: Microsoft CA
Next: 99 Opinion Dsiconsolas.com