From: Tonyjstark on
I am using M/S project 2000 and my task dependencies are not shown correctly
on my gantt chart. eg if I enter a task with another being a predecessor with
a finish to start type dependency and it shows the two taks starting in
parrallel or even before the other one has finished.

I am not a beginner to M/S project but have never seen this before. I guess
I have set something within the project which has resulted in this but don't
know where to look.

Any ideas?
From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

It sounds like you havev a constraint on the successor task (Finish no later
than or must finish on)

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional

From: JulieS on
Hi Tonyjstark,

Check your calculation settings. Should be automatic -- see
Tools > Options, Calculation tab.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: strach on
Hello guys,

I have the same problem, calculation mode is automatic and constraint in
successor task is by default As Soon As Possible. I'm using MS Project 2002.

TIA
strach

From: JulieS on
Strach,

Are you using F to Start links?

On 3/30/2010 6:08 PM, strach wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I have the same problem, calculation mode is automatic and constraint in
> successor task is by default As Soon As Possible. I'm using MS Project
> 2002.
>
> TIA
> strach
>
> "JulieS" <JulieS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Tonyjstark,
>> Check your calculation settings. Should be automatic -- see Tools >
>> Options, Calculation tab.
>> I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>> On 3/30/2010 8:09 AM, Tonyjstark wrote:
>>> I am using M/S project 2000 and my task dependencies are not shown
>>> correctly on my gantt chart. eg if I enter a task with another being a
>>> predecessor with a finish to start type dependency and it shows the
>>> two taks starting in parrallel or even before the other one has
>>> finished.
>>> I am not a beginner to M/S project but have never seen this before. I
>>> guess I have set something within the project which has resulted in
>>> this but don't know where to look.
>>> Any ideas?
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2