From: Swifty on
On 22 Jul 2010 19:09:06 GMT, "Evertjan."
<exjxw.hannivoort(a)interxnl.net> wrote:

>In this NG you should give a Javascript solution

You remind me of an incident when I was working in "Technical Support"
for a large IT corporation.

A fellow popped into our office and asked if we had a scanner. Being
Technical Support, we did of course; one of the few in those days.

He then asked if we had a nearby printer. Of course, "Technical
Support" would have a printer.

He then asked if we could scan a sheet of paper, and then print the
result. According to your assertion, our response should have been
"Sure, pass the paper".

What we actually said was "What's wrong with the photocopier that you
just passed on your way to us?" The &nbsp; of copying.

I prefer <BR> - less work.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
From: Haris Bogdanovic on
&nbsp is fine.
I should have asked this in html newsgroup though.

From: SAM on
Le 7/22/10 8:17 PM, Haris Bogdanovi� a �crit :
> Hi.
>
> I have a table 10*10 but there is no border around table cells.
> The border appears when I put something in a cell.
> How to make a cell border visible when cell is empty ?

with a stylesheet ?

table { empty-cells: show }

or

--
sm
From: SAM on
Le 7/22/10 9:09 PM, Evertjan. a �crit :
> MG wrote on 22 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
>> "Haris Bogdanovi�" <fbogdanovic(a)xnet.hr> wrote in message
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I have a table 10*10 but there is no border around table cells.
>>> The border appears when I put something in a cell.
>>> How to make a cell border visible when cell is empty ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>> Put &nbsp; in the cell
>
> In this NG you should give a Javascript solution:

You should but you haven't if is not of circumstance ! :-(
There is no need of &nbsp; anyway.

> var tbls = document.getElementsByTagName("table");
> for (i=0;i<tbls.length;i++)

for( var i=0, n = tbls.length; i<n; i++)
tbls[i].style.emptyCells = 'show';

> for (j=0;j<tbls[i].rows.length;j++)
> for (k=0;k<tbls[i].rows[j].cells.length;k++)
> tbls[i].rows[j].cells[k].innerHTML += '&nbsp;';

why finally adding an unbreakable space everywhere ?

if(tbls[i].rows[j].cells[k].innerHTML == '')
tbls[i].rows[j].cells[k].innerHTML = '&nbsp;';

Mais c'est vraiment n'importe quoi !
de l'obscurantisme JavaScript !

--
sm
From: Evertjan. on
SAM wrote on 24 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

1 Doesn't work in my IE8.

2 Not needed in Chrome.

Is this a FF solution only?

3 OT, not JS.