From: Haris Bogdanovi� on
Hi.

I have a table 10*10 but there is no border around table cells.
The border appears when I put something in a cell.
How to make a cell border visible when cell is empty ?

Thanks

From: MG on
"Haris Bogdanovi�" <fbogdanovic(a)xnet.hr> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I have a table 10*10 but there is no border around table cells.
> The border appears when I put something in a cell.
> How to make a cell border visible when cell is empty ?
>
> Thanks

Put &nbsp; in the cell

MG

From: Evertjan. on
MG wrote on 22 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> "Haris Bogdanovi�" <fbogdanovic(a)xnet.hr> wrote in message
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have a table 10*10 but there is no border around table cells.
>> The border appears when I put something in a cell.
>> How to make a cell border visible when cell is empty ?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Put &nbsp; in the cell

In this NG you should give a Javascript solution:

var tbls = document.getElementsByTagName("table");
for (i=0;i<tbls.length;i++)
for (j=0;j<tbls[i].rows.length;j++)
for (k=0;k<tbls[i].rows[j].cells.length;k++)
tbls[i].rows[j].cells[k].innerHTML += '&nbsp;';

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Denis McMahon on
On 22/07/10 19:17, Haris Bogdanoviæ wrote:

> I have a table 10*10 but there is no border around table cells.
> The border appears when I put something in a cell.
> How to make a cell border visible when cell is empty ?

1) Ask in an html authoring group.
2) Put something in the cell.
3) The html authoring group might suggest what to put in the cell (I
know what I'd use, but if I suggest it here I'll probably get shot down
in flames).

Rgds

Denis McMahon

From: RobG on
On Jul 23, 8:13 am, Denis McMahon <denis.m.f.mcma...(a)googlemail.co.uk>
wrote:
> On 22/07/10 19:17, Haris Bogdanoviæ wrote:
>
> > I have a table 10*10 but there is no border around table cells.
> > The border appears when I put something in a cell.
> > How to make a cell border visible when cell is empty ?
>
> 1) Ask in an html authoring group.

Yes, use:

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html

Fully specify the HTML and CSS (if any) that is being used for the
table. Over there they like links to examples rather than posted code,
but if you keep it short and concise they won't mind.

--
Rob