From: twospruces on
all,
I would like some feedback on a new FPGA architecture. Are there any
serious configurable logic gurus on this group?

If there is interest, I will post links to the 3 published papers that
discuss in detail a logic architecture that offers better than 10x
higher logic density than standard FPGA, along with a significant
reduction in power.

The research presents an architecture that can leverage "temporal
logic folding".

thanks.
From: Jonathan Bromley on
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:04:12 -0700 (PDT), twospruces wrote:

>I would like some feedback on a new FPGA architecture. Are there any
>serious configurable logic gurus on this group?

I'm quite serious, and I'm highly configurable. Whether I'm a
logic guru is entirely another matter :-)

>If there is interest, I will post links to the 3 published papers that
>discuss in detail a logic architecture that offers better than 10x
>higher logic density than standard FPGA, along with a significant
>reduction in power.

If they are "published", in the sense that the information is
in the public domain, then you have nothing to lose and all to
gain: post the links anyway, and see if you get any bites.
If they are under NDA or somesuch, then here is not the
place. If you have published without speaking with a
good patent lawyer, then your potential investors
will likely not be very interested.

>The research presents an architecture that can leverage "temporal
>logic folding".

That's kinda meaningless without the documentation. Is it
anything like the stuff Tabula are doing?
--
Jonathan Bromley
From: Frank Buss on
Jonathan Bromley wrote:

> That's kinda meaningless without the documentation. Is it
> anything like the stuff Tabula are doing?

I don't know. But searching for "temporal logic folding" results in this
article (article creation date: august 2009) :

http://mcwang.net/files/NATURE_Article.pdf

Sounds interesting, but I guess it needs some more years of research before
it is usable in a product and it doesn't help for all FPGA problems,
because the space advantage has a speed penalty.

--
Frank Buss, fb(a)frank-buss.de