From: io_x on
[alt.lang.asm,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32]

"io_x" <a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Frank Kotler" <fbkotler(a)myfairpoint.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Nathan wrote:
>> it's "not my fault". First time I've created a zombie (that I know of). From
>> what I read, the cause is the caller not doing a "wait", so maybe it's the
>> "Windows code" that needs alteration... and I'll need to implement a fake
>> WaitForSingleProcess@?... or whatever you'd use. Does Windows have "zombies"?

yes i have one sub thread of the function that not close...
it was generated from the OS api function ws2_32.gethostname(char* string, int
size) in a OS Windows 7, is it a bug?

there is someone of you know what is the function for OS windows 32 bit
for know the IP address or name of the PC in which the program run?

From: io_x on

> [alt.lang.asm,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32]

> yes i have one sub thread of the function that not close...
> it was generated from the OS api function ws2_32.gethostname(char* string,
> int
> size) in a OS Windows 7, is it a bug?

the problem is about close the program in this way
main:
ret
with the return
but like above there are no problem in windows xp
the problem remain for windows 7

for not have subthread at the end i wuold use
main:

ExitProcess(0)
ret

the above remove the one more thread that sys create and remove
the name of the program in the list of process seen with CTRL-ALT-CANC
i think in all OS windows types

but the memory of the program is correctly free from the sys?