From: Laguna Dan Laguna on
Outlook 2007 Professional. The "tools" menu is missing. I have File, Edit,
View, Go, Actions, Plaxo and Help. Plaxo is the only plug-in and it has not
caused any issues in the past.

Anyone know how to get the tools menu back?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Laguna Dan" <Laguna Dan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Outlook 2007 Professional. The "tools" menu is missing. I have File, Edit,
> View, Go, Actions, Plaxo and Help. Plaxo is the only plug-in and it has not
> caused any issues in the past.
>
> Anyone know how to get the tools menu back?

Two things to try. The first is to right-click the menu bar and choose
Customize. Add the Tools menu back in or reset the toolbar. You could also
try deleting the outcmd.dat file found in %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook while
Outlook is closed and then see if the menu returns when you restart Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]