From: George on
I need to install a Cisco A/P and two Cisco ANT1728 antennas.

The antennas have a threaded hole in them for mounting which would be
used to attach them to the stud of a supplied T bar clip.

I need to devise a different mount instead of the T bar clip. I don't
have the antennas yet and need to install as soon as I get them so I was
trying to have what I need on hand.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant1728.html

From: Jeff Liebermann on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:59:36 -0400, George <george(a)nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>I need to install a Cisco A/P and two Cisco ANT1728 antennas.
>
>The antennas have a threaded hole in them for mounting which would be
>used to attach them to the stud of a supplied T bar clip.
>
>I need to devise a different mount instead of the T bar clip. I don't
>have the antennas yet and need to install as soon as I get them so I was
>trying to have what I need on hand.
>
>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant1728.html

I don't have one of these antennas, but I think I can guess the thread
size. The above URL specifies using a 7/16" wrench on the nut. That
neatly fits a common 1/4-20 nut.

Disclaimer: This is only a guess.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
From: George on
On 7/23/2010 12:28 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:59:36 -0400, George<george(a)nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> I need to install a Cisco A/P and two Cisco ANT1728 antennas.
>>
>> The antennas have a threaded hole in them for mounting which would be
>> used to attach them to the stud of a supplied T bar clip.
>>
>> I need to devise a different mount instead of the T bar clip. I don't
>> have the antennas yet and need to install as soon as I get them so I was
>> trying to have what I need on hand.
>>
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant1728.html
>
> I don't have one of these antennas, but I think I can guess the thread
> size. The above URL specifies using a 7/16" wrench on the nut. That
> neatly fits a common 1/4-20 nut.
>
> Disclaimer: This is only a guess.

Good guess, I bought some beam clamps at the local electrical supply
house and used a small bolt in the "wrong" direction as a stud.