From: Leon on
Hi

With these vbs code I opens a IE window..
How do I set in a timer so that every 30 second activate this window
and bringing it to front if the user have taken it in background
behind other applications?

Cheers

Dim oIE
set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
wsh.echo ButtonBox("Msgboxtest", "Black")

Function ButtonBox(sPrompt, sColor)
With oIE
.FullScreen = false
.ToolBar = False : .RegisterAsDropTarget = False
.StatusBar = False : .Navigate("about:blank")
While .Busy : WScript.Sleep 100 : Wend
With .document
With .ParentWindow
.resizeto 600,120
'.moveto .screen.width/2-150, .screen.height/2-60
.moveto 1, 1
End With
.WriteLn("<font size=4 color=" & sColor & ">" & _
sPrompt & "</font><p>")
With .ParentWindow.document.body
.scroll="no"
.style.borderStyle = "ridge"
'.style.borderStyle = "outset"
.style.borderWidth = "3px"
End With
.all.but1.onclick = getref("buttonbox_done")

.all.but1.focus
oIE.Visible = True
.title = sPrompt

On Error Resume Next
While oIE.Visible
WScript.Sleep 1000
.oIE.AppActivate
Wend
End With ' document
End With ' IE
ButtonBox = "Done"
End Function

Sub buttonbox_Done
oIE.Visible = False
End Sub
From: Mayayana on
Isn't that the same question you just asked?
If you can't do it with methods like Refresh then
it may not be possible. Over the years Microsoft
has gradually made that kind of thing more difficult
because they believed the ability was abused. Even
the API method of putting a window on top requires
a hack because MS broke the functionality. And the
system modal options were changed to process-modal,
not actual system modal.

Personally I can't think of anything except maybe a
nuclear missile launch countdown notice that I would
want to jump to the front every 30 seconds. If any
software tried that I'd get rid of it quickly.

From: Leon on
he he this is not a military controlroom

The thing is that a warning blink is required so that an operator is
warned in particular situations. "Dont sell!!. Dont buy!" But I think
I might have come to the solution. A timed script can look after a
condition and launch the box if it is not allready opened. Then after
a period auto.quit the box.. then as long the condition is true it
will continuing opening. Then just saving window position, height and
width just before closing it so that the user can place the box a
convient place..

From: Leon on
Btw is there a way to leave out the minimize, maximize and close
buttons in window title?

From: Mayayana on

Btw is there a way to leave out the minimize, maximize and close
buttons in window title?

With an HTA they're partially customizable, but
if you start an HTA programmatically you get
a download prompt.

With IE6 you can design it as a system msgbox
and do what you like, but in IE7/8 that doesn't
work. You can't remove the "chrome", so you can't
remove "controlbox" in the upper right or the title/URL
on the title bar. The change was made for security
reasons, to prevent disguising an IE window.

Could a MsgBox work? The WScript.Shell popup
method allows for a timeout and seems to work
(at least on my XP tests) as system on-top. Actually,
the system modal flag is working for me now in a plain
msgbox. I thought it didn't.)

The following will show a message on-top (but not
locking focus) for 5 seconds. 4160 is 4096 (system
modal) + 64 (information icon).

Dim SH, Ret
Set SH = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Ret = SH.Popup("Don't sell", 5, "Advice", 4160)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Excel Pivot Table
Next: NEW Tray toolbar