From: James Dore on
Can anyone recommend a task list application that floats over all others?
Bonus points for not using much screen area, variable transparency, sync
between multiple copies, and iPad/iPhone version....

Cheers,
James
From: Mark on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:45:03 +0100, James Dore wrote
(in article <op.vfrw9dc1jrtqts(a)terao.new.ox.ac.uk>):

> Can anyone recommend a task list application that floats over all others?
> Bonus points for not using much screen area, variable transparency, sync
> between multiple copies, and iPad/iPhone version....
>
> Cheers,
> James

SimpleNote? <http://bit.ly/a3cGhj> Create separate notes as tasks?

Goes someway towards doing what you want (desktop/web/iPad/iPhone OTA sync).
The article mentions Notational Velocity, but I use JustNotes (I tried - and
preferred - Nottingham, but there were a few bugs). All of those via
<http://bit.ly/bExFSU>

Oh - and JustNotes can float above other apps, although you can't vary the
transparency.

Cheers ... Mark

From: Martin S Taylor on
James Dore wrote
> Can anyone recommend a task list application that floats over all others?
> Bonus points for not using much screen area, variable transparency, sync
> between multiple copies, and iPad/iPhone version....

Check Off?

Lives in the menu bar, so scores well for screen area. But no iPad, iPhone or
syncing.

MST

From: James Dore on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:08:01 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:45:03 +0100, James Dore wrote
> (in article <op.vfrw9dc1jrtqts(a)terao.new.ox.ac.uk>):
>
>> Can anyone recommend a task list application that floats over all
>> others?
>> Bonus points for not using much screen area, variable transparency, sync
>> between multiple copies, and iPad/iPhone version....
>>
>> Cheers,
>> James
>>
> SimpleNote? <http://bit.ly/a3cGhj> Create separate notes as tasks?
>
> Goes someway towards doing what you want (desktop/web/iPad/iPhone OTA
> sync).
> The article mentions Notational Velocity, but I use JustNotes (I tried -
> and
> preferred - Nottingham, but there were a few bugs). All of those via
> <http://bit.ly/bExFSU>

> Oh - and JustNotes can float above other apps, although you can't vary
> the
> transparency.

Ideal. Many thanks.

James