From: Greg Russell on
I'm using qdvdauthor, dvdauthor, mkisofs dvdisaster, and cdrecord to
create and burn DVD structures, and the learning process is progressing
well.

My question is, please, how do I get the CD icon on the Gnome (or any
other) desktop to display the name of the DVD? I tried the -abstract
"name" option of mkisofs, but it doesn't display "name" with the desktop
icon.

When I burn the DVD iso for a Linux distro such as CentOS, the "name" is
displayed with the icon, and I'm hoping to learn where in the process to
add the option.
From: Greg Russell on
In news:4b4aaaaa$0$560$c5fe31e7(a)read01.usenet4all.se,
Gunnar Gren <gg(a)invalid.invalid> typed:

>> My question is, please, how do I get the CD icon on the Gnome (or any
>> other) desktop to display the name of the DVD?
> You need the -Volid flag to mkisofs.

Thank you, I'm not sure how I missed that on the man page.