From: Brian Wolf on
Now that I have TC installed, I seem to have encountered a similar issue
with
Hi all,

I recently installed tokyocabinet with some help, on a debian system.
My problems were with the configure file, since I hadn't done that
before.

Now I have an issue with the ruby api install.

It involves running the ruby installer extconf.rb

which results in:

$ ruby extconf.rb
setting variables ...
$CFLAGS = -I. -I/usr/local/include -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -g -g
-O2 -fPIC $(cflags) -O2
$LDFLAGS = -L. -rdynamic -Wl,-export-dynamic -L. -L/usr/local/lib
$libs = -ltokyocabinet -lz -lbz2 -lpthread -lm -lc
checking for tcutil.h... no

so I have to pass the directory config parameters in a similar way, but
dont know correct nomencalture
as I have not found documentation.

thanks!
Brian