From: DanP on
On Jul 12, 7:35 pm, George Kerby <ghost_top...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/10 1:10 PM, in article
> 2010071211102316807-christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmailcom, "C J Campbell"
>
> <christophercampbellremovet...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2010-07-12 10:48:13 -0700, Bowser <Ca...(a)Nikon.Panny> said:
>
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HD5GZooPQ
>
> > He blocks the videographer from filming the entire wedding retreat. He
> > doesn't know where the fountain is. As Robert Cole pointed out, he is
> > using a flash with a diffuser pointed straight up -- hardly helping him
> > at all. He walks backwards for a long distance without looking where he
> > is going.
>
> > He deserved what he got.
>
> What the hell was he doing with that Canon 'cannon' on his shoulder. Useless
> for that particular event. Showing off, I guess...

Just an idea, would you consider covering the walk with a long lens
from the other end of the aisle?

DanP
From: Martin Brown on
On 12/07/2010 19:10, C J Campbell wrote:
> On 2010-07-12 10:48:13 -0700, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> said:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HD5GZooPQ
>
> He blocks the videographer from filming the entire wedding retreat. He
> doesn't know where the fountain is. As Robert Cole pointed out, he is
> using a flash with a diffuser pointed straight up -- hardly helping him
> at all. He walks backwards for a long distance without looking where he
> is going.
>
> He deserved what he got.

Brilliant!!! You have to admire the patience of the videographer who had
presumably seen it coming and was ready for the exit bath!

Regards,
Martin Brown
From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-07-12 13:42:31 -0700, DanP <dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> said:

> On Jul 12, 7:35�pm, George Kerby <ghost_top...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/12/10 1:10 PM, in article
>> 2010071211102316807-christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmailcom, "C J Campbe
> ll"
>>
>> <christophercampbellremovet...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> He blocks the videographer from filming the entire wedding retreat. He
>>> doesn't know where the fountain is. As Robert Cole pointed out, he is
>>> using a flash with a diffuser pointed straight up -- hardly helping him
>>> at all. He walks backwards for a long distance without looking where he
>>> is going.
>>
>>> He deserved what he got.
>>
>> What the hell was he doing with that Canon 'cannon' on his shoulder. Usel
> ess
>> for that particular event. Showing off, I guess...
>
> Just an idea, would you consider covering the walk with a long lens
> from the other end of the aisle?
>
> DanP

I might. The thing is, can you imagine in your wildest dreams the bride
and groom buying any of those frames? I can't. Let the videographer
shoot them. The bride and groom will buy the video.

I am all for documentary wedding photography, mind you. But a repeat of
the same shot over and over is not the way to do documentary. The
photographer should be getting other angles, other perspectives, and
different framing. His tightly framed pair of faces with a bit of
church all around them is fine -- for one or two shots. But that is not
the whole show. He needs to move around more relative to the subjects
and he especially needs to be invisible.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

From: George Kerby on

On 7/12/10 3:42 PM, in article
11407d03-7e6d-4858-b1b4-2d3aaec2c691(a)z10g2000yqb.googlegroups.com, "DanP"
<dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 7:35�pm, George Kerby <ghost_top...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/12/10 1:10 PM, in article
>> 2010071211102316807-christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmailcom, "C J Campbell"
>>
>> <christophercampbellremovet...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> He blocks the videographer from filming the entire wedding retreat. He
>>> doesn't know where the fountain is. As Robert Cole pointed out, he is
>>> using a flash with a diffuser pointed straight up -- hardly helping him
>>> at all. He walks backwards for a long distance without looking where he
>>> is going.
>>
>>> He deserved what he got.
>>
>> What the hell was he doing with that Canon 'cannon' on his shoulder. Useless
>> for that particular event. Showing off, I guess...
>
> Just an idea, would you consider covering the walk with a long lens
> from the other end of the aisle?
>
> DanP

I don't do weddings, but a real pro would have had a tripod set up with a
quick mount for that particular body.

And, a REAL photog would have been at rehearsal and noted the font in the
back of the chapel - as well as other challenges.

From: George Kerby on

On 7/12/10 4:19 PM, in article sFL_n.17337$4B7.865(a)newsfe16.iad, "Martin
Brown" <|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On 12/07/2010 19:10, C J Campbell wrote:
>> On 2010-07-12 10:48:13 -0700, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> said:
>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HD5GZooPQ
>>
>> He blocks the videographer from filming the entire wedding retreat. He
>> doesn't know where the fountain is. As Robert Cole pointed out, he is
>> using a flash with a diffuser pointed straight up -- hardly helping him
>> at all. He walks backwards for a long distance without looking where he
>> is going.
>>
>> He deserved what he got.
>>

> Brilliant!!! You have to admire the patience of the videographer who had
> presumably seen it coming and was ready for the exit bath!
>
> Regards,
> Martin Brown

He WAS trying to sell as many copies as he could. I would surmise that sold
a few more...