From: Robert Kern on
Shi Mu wrote:
> Delaunay triangulations

Besides Delny, which runs the external program qhull to do its
calculations, I've recently written a package for scipy that uses Steve
Fortune's sweep-line code to calculate Delaunay triangulations. I don't
think there are any public implementations of Delaunay triangulation in
pure Python, though, if that's what you want. You can easily find more
sample code in other languages by googling.

http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/newscipy/Lib/sandbox/delaunay/

--
Robert Kern
rkern(a)ucsd.edu

-- Richard Harter

From: Shi Mu on
On 11/10/05, Alex Hunsley <lard(a)tardis.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Alan Gauld wrote:
>
> >>As in Pythagoras?
> >>

> >>Or as in triangulation on a 2D surface, navigation etc.?
> >>

> >>Or, do you mean radio triangulation by directional signal propagation
> >>

> >>Or, do you mean drawing a triangle in Tkinter?
> >>

> >Or even triangulation of currency from EU currency to EU currency
> >via the euro?
> >
> >See:
> >http://www.sysmod.com/eurofaq.htm#Triangulation
> >
> >Alan G.
> >

> This Shi Mu character is a little frustrating. They won't even respond
> to peoples polite responses for clarification....
> Hit'n'run help requests.

the Internet is down for one day and so wonderful to have so many
want is delaunay triangulation and the available ones online are
written in C, Java and FORTRAN. I want to see some in Python because
it is hard for me to figure out using python to do Fortune's sweeping
line algorithm. Is python is not good in doing that kind of
computation or some other reason?
Thanks a lot for all of your responses!!!
From: Robert Kern on
Shi Mu wrote:

> the Internet is down for one day and so wonderful to have so many
> want is delaunay triangulation and the available ones online are
> written in C, Java and FORTRAN. I want to see some in Python because
> it is hard for me to figure out using python to do Fortune's sweeping
> line algorithm. Is python is not good in doing that kind of
> computation or some other reason?

I know someone once mentioned that they tried writing one of the
Delaunay triangulation algorithms in pure Python and abandoned it for
being unusably slow.

--
Robert Kern
rkern(a)ucsd.edu