From: babs on
When I open just form 2 I want it to open up maximized and just by itself.

when I open form 1 I want form 2 to be smaller down near botton and showing
a table near the lower part of the form2(but on top of form 1)

when I did the below that you suggested both form 1 and 2 open when I click
on the command button but both open maximized - even when I resized and hit
control S - not sure what I am missing??

thanks,
Barb

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:32:01 -0700, babs <babs(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>When I open just form 2 I want it to open up maximized and just by itself.
>
>when I open form 1 I want form 2 to be smaller down near botton and showing
>a table near the lower part of the form2(but on top of form 1)
>
>when I did the below that you suggested both form 1 and 2 open when I click
>on the command button but both open maximized - even when I resized and hit
>control S - not sure what I am missing??

If you open any form maximized, all other forms will open maximized as well.

You can overcome this by using Me.Restore in the Open event of the form that
you don't want maximized.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: babs on
The problem is - when I open the Form 2 by itself with command button to Open
THAT FORM - I would like it to open maximized

When I open Form 1 I would like Form 2 and only the bottonm section of it to
open on Top Form 1.(which would be tied to a command button- not clear on
exact code on how to open two form layered with one command button)

Sooo if I set the on open event of Form 2 to max. it will be good for 1st
situation But do not know how to handle having form 2 open on top of form
1(which I want form 1 max.)

thanks soo much for your help,
Barb

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:28:01 -0700, babs <babs(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>The problem is - when I open the Form 2 by itself with command button to Open
>THAT FORM - I would like it to open maximized
>
>When I open Form 1 I would like Form 2 and only the bottonm section of it to
>open on Top Form 1.(which would be tied to a command button- not clear on
>exact code on how to open two form layered with one command button)
>
>Sooo if I set the on open event of Form 2 to max. it will be good for 1st
>situation But do not know how to handle having form 2 open on top of form
>1(which I want form 1 max.)

Other than making Form 2 a Subform of Form 1, I don't know any way to do so.
Doesn't mean there is no way, but nothing comes to mind!

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: babs on
Making it a subform doesn't work for me - because - I have a dropdownlist on
it that has all kind of code tied to it that makes the employee list be up to
date as to who is scheduled for a job(if schedule for a given date-on the
active form) than their name is removed from the dropdown list. The
reference for the Form would be different if it is on as a subform -

Any other ideas?????

Thanks,
Barb

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:28:01 -0700, babs <babs(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >The problem is - when I open the Form 2 by itself with command button to Open
> >THAT FORM - I would like it to open maximized
> >
> >When I open Form 1 I would like Form 2 and only the bottonm section of it to
> >open on Top Form 1.(which would be tied to a command button- not clear on
> >exact code on how to open two form layered with one command button)
> >
> >Sooo if I set the on open event of Form 2 to max. it will be good for 1st
> >situation But do not know how to handle having form 2 open on top of form
> >1(which I want form 1 max.)
>
> Other than making Form 2 a Subform of Form 1, I don't know any way to do so.
> Doesn't mean there is no way, but nothing comes to mind!
>
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last