From: GeoffK on
Hi,

I have a form with record sourse as "TblCustomers" when this form opens it
populates 3 textboxes "WorkorderNo", "CustomerName" and "ClientName", there
are 5 other textboxes for recording items that I have in stock which are
entered manually, this form works with no problems.

Due to recent changes where previously unsed items were returned, we are now
required to reuse them.

I have now been asked to add a control next to each of the 5 stock on hand
textboxes to record the name of the customer that the item was originally
allocated to.

I created a new table "TblCustomer_Lookup" with 2 fields "Customer_LU_ID"
auto no. and Customer_LU, I used the lookup wizard to set this field as a
lookup.

I created a query "Customer_LU_Qry" with "TblCustomers" and
"TblCustomers_LU" which I set as the forms record sourse.

After setting up the form I selected a customer in 1 of the new combo's
which had the result of populating all 5 of the combo boxes and the
"WorkorderNo", "CustomerName" and "ClientName" boxes.

I Believe the problem is because I am using the query, is there another
method.

Thanking You in Advance,
GeoffK
From: Wayne-I-M on
To make things simpler I may be tempted to do it in a different way.
Have a think about this method (up to you)

You havce the original order - number of each item ordered, name of clients,
etc.

Why not create a simler form with boxes to add the number returned. If you
were wanting to impress the boss :-) then maybe even show the numebr of each
item ordered, then have a combo next to each item restricted to a maximum of
the number of ordered. So if client ABC order 5 items then the combo would
be limted to 5, etc.
This has the benifit of not allowing more to be returned than were
originally taken - althoug you may want to think about a client returning
multiple batches at the same time ( bit more complex)

Use an update query to redefine the number of items in stock

Just a thought
--
Wayne
Manchester, England.