From: Alu_GK on
Hello -
I've seen some of the solution given here to print a report without opening
it in preview.
the solution was

docmd.openreport, acNormal

My problem is - how can I control the number of copies to print with this
command ? in the printout function i have a "copies" parameter. is here i
have no parameter that relate to the number of copies.
Is any one has an idea how to solve it ?
Thanks.
--
Alu_GK
From: Wayne-I-M on
One method would be to create a text box on your form (called PrintNumber)
then refer to it in the call to print like this OnClick or another event

DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , Me.PrintNumber
DoCmd.Close acReport, "ReportName"

or, if you always want to the same number of reports printed just change the
code to show the number (like this to print 7 copies)
DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 7

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
A simple solution would be to call the OpenReport method repeatedly in a loop:

Dim n As Integer
Dim intNumber as Integer

intNumber = <get the number to print from somewhere>

For n = 1 To intNumber
DoCmd.OpenReport "YourReportName"
Next n

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: Alu_GK on
Hello -
the solution with the loop is the solotion that will work for me.
the other solution is what i did before, but i don't want to open and
preview the report, it is slow things down in the system.
Thanks for your answer.
and thank you also Wayne-I-M.

--
Alu_GK

From: fredg on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:04:02 -0700, Alu_GK wrote:

> Hello -
> the solution with the loop is the solotion that will work for me.
> the other solution is what i did before, but i don't want to open and
> preview the report, it is slow things down in the system.
> Thanks for your answer.
> and thank you also Wayne-I-M.

You can use the SelectObject and PrintOut methods together to print X
copies of the report without opening it in Preview.

DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "ReportName", True
DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , Forms!FormName!HowMany

where Forms!fFormName!HowMany is the form name and control name that
contains the number of copies you wish printed. If this code is on the
same form as the HowMany control, you can use Me.HowMany instead of
Forms!FormName!HowMany.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.