From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Provided that the database window is not being hidden at start-up. As the
report object is selected in the database window by virtue of the
InDatabaseWindow argument of the SelectObject method, this will expose the
database window. While it can be hidden at start-up via the interface or by
setting the StartupShowDBWindow property with code, I'm not aware of any way
of hiding it again once shown without restarting the application.

The other option of course is to print multiple sets of the same data in a
single report by including a table with a column of sequential numbers in its
underlying query, restricting the query by a parameter on this column and
grouping the report on the column, forcing a new page after each group. If
the pages are numbered the page numbering also needs to be re-initiated after
each group.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: Alu_GK on
Thanks for your answers !!

The way I publish my application is - In a Access runtime 2003 environment,
and MDE file that hides the DB Window
If DBWindow needs to be opened with the SelectObjet Method, and this method
show the DB window, how it will behave under my customers environmet ?
THANKS
--
Alu_GK

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Even when a file is converted to a .mde file with the database window hidden,
selecting an object in the database window with the SelectObject method will
expose the database window. I haven't tested it in a true runtime
environment, but if the file is opened in runtime mode from a command line
with the /runtime switch the database window is also exposed in this way.

Personally, I would in most cases use the second method I outlined in my
reply to Fred when multiple copies of a report are needed. You just need to
create a table named Counters say, with one integer number column Counter and
fill it with numbers from 1 to whatever is the maximum number you'll need.
You then base the report on a query which includes the Counters table, with a
parameter on the Counter column for the user to enter the number of copies to
print, e.g.

SELECT Counter, YourCurrentTableOrQuery.*
FROM YourCurrentTableOrQuery, Counters
WHERE Counter <= [Enter number to print:];

The inclusion of the Counters table without explicitly joining it to the main
table or query will produce the 'cartesian product' of the two, i.e. very row
in one is joined to every row in the other. So by restricting the number of
rows from Counters returned by means of the parameter, the query returns the
data multiple times depending on the value entered.

The report should be grouped first on Counter, giving the group a zero-height
group footer, and the footer's ForceNewPage property set to 'After Section'.
This will cause each new set of data to start on a new page. To reinitiate
page numbering for each copy put the following in the group footer's Format
event procedure;

Page = 1

If you want the report to show Page # of ## for each group in the page footer
you can use James Brooks' code from:

http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0013.htm

You need to also include a hidden text box in the page footer with a
ControlSource of =Pages for this to force two iterations through the report.
The reference to the SalesPerson control in his code would be changed to
Counter and you'll need to include a hidden control bound to the Counter
field in the group footer.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

Alu_GK wrote:
>Thanks for your answers !!
>
>The way I publish my application is - In a Access runtime 2003 environment,
>and MDE file that hides the DB Window
>If DBWindow needs to be opened with the SelectObjet Method, and this method
>show the DB window, how it will behave under my customers environmet ?
>THANKS
>> Provided that the database window is not being hidden at start-up. As the
>> report object is selected in the database window by virtue of the
>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]
>> >same form as the HowMany control, you can use Me.HowMany instead of
>> >Forms!FormName!HowMany.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Strange Lookupbox