From: Ahmed Saleem Ahmed on
i design a report with access database i prepare a query with two table
without joinning but the query return data more than one time

Please solve my problem as soon as possible
From: XPS35 on
=?Utf-8?B?QWhtZWQgU2FsZWVt?= wrote:

> i design a report with access database i prepare a query with two table
> without joinning but the query return data more than one time
>
> Please solve my problem as soon as possible

If you don't join or cannot join the tables, a query will return any
combination of records in your tables. So if table 1 as 10 records and
table 2 has 5, the result in the query will be 50 rows, because you
don't tell Access (by joiningg on certain fields) which records belong
to each other.

--
Groeten,

Peter
http://access.xps350.com

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 8 May 2010 03:21:01 -0700, Ahmed Saleem <Ahmed
Saleem(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i design a report with access database i prepare a query with two table
>without joinning but the query return data more than one time
>
>Please solve my problem as soon as possible

You'll need to post some more information for anybody to have even a chance of
doing so.

If you have two tables in a query without joins, this is expected behavior:
every record in one table will be paired with every record in the other table
in all possible combinations. That's how queries work.

If you want one report showing all the data from one table or query, and then
all the data from another table, consider using a Report with two Subreports.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]

Pages: 1
Prev: IIF STATEMENT