From: Jack B on
>You have one account entered twice with different display names<

Yes, but this was not not a problem with the other pc (also win xp) in which
OE worked like I wanted.

Jack

========================

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
The problem is that you don't have two accounts. You have one account
entered twice with different display names. OE doesn't recognize the
display name, so I believe WYSIWYG.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Jack B" <jslimp01nospam(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Well, the email address is identical, but in one case (default), user
> name
> is simple; in the other, user name has a formal title for professional
> purposes.
>
>>It should be forwarding from the account it was sent to.<
> It should be, but is not. It forwards using the formal name unless I
> catch
> it and change it.
>

> Jack
>
> ---------------------------------------
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> It should be forwarding from the account it was sent to. Since both are
> essentially identical, it probably is, but you don't realize it.
>
> Is there any reason you need two identical accounts? If not, remove one.
> If you need both, create a second Inbox and use a message rule to direct
> one of the accounts to download there.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Under Tools/Accounts, I have two accounts using the same email address.
>> One
>> is with a more formal user name, and the other is less formal and is
>> the
>> default. However, the more formal account seems to act as default --
>> when I
>> Forward a message, for instance, the formal one is the one that
>> automatically appears in the From line. How do I correct that?

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: hai can we friend?
Next: email not functioning