From: tcek on
I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer
number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending
while the date of order to be descending. I can make the query perform the
desired functions but when the table is made the sort order is not like it
should be. I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would
help.
From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
tcek wrote:
>I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer
>number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending
>while the date of order to be descending. I can make the query perform the
>desired functions but when the table is made the sort order is not like it
>should be. I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would
>help.

Okay, I'll do my best John Vinson impersonation...

"Tables are UNORDERED collections of records." If you want the records
sorted a specific way, use a Query - that's what they're for.

From: KARL DEWEY on
>>I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would help.
Don't try!
Access stores data records like a barrel of bricks, jumbled.

Use a query or report to do your sorting.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"tcek" wrote:

> I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer
> number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending
> while the date of order to be descending. I can make the query perform the
> desired functions but when the table is made the sort order is not like it
> should be. I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would
> help.

Pages: 1
Prev: adding new columns
Next: Query SQL Syntax