From: David Lowndes on
>I am wondering if MFC with RTTI, if it has any sort of reflection
>concept.

AFAIK there is no equivalent in native C++ - as you've found, you'd
have to roll your own implementation to get something similar to
reflection.

Dave
From: Hector Santos on
David Lowndes wrote:

>> I am wondering if MFC with RTTI, if it has any sort of reflection
>> concept.
>
> AFAIK there is no equivalent in native C++ - as you've found, you'd
> have to roll your own implementation to get something similar to
> reflection.

I had looked at this years ago and also didn't see then how it was
possible. But figured I relook at it again to see if something was
added to after VC6. I just read in wikipedia that the new C++0x
standard had reflection as a planned item but was postponed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B0x#Features_planned_but_removed_or_not_included

Thanks for your note

--
HLS
From: David Lowndes on
>I had looked at this years ago and also didn't see then how it was
>possible. But figured I relook at it again to see if something was
>added to after VC6. I just read in wikipedia that the new C++0x
>standard had reflection as a planned item but was postponed.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B0x#Features_planned_but_removed_or_not_included

I wasn't even aware of that.

Googling further it appears there may be something in Boost -
http://blog.redshoelace.com/ - but if it's anything like the other
exotic areas of Boost! :)

Dave
From: David Lowndes on
>I always hear good things about Boost, but when I look at it, I get
>scared away. :)

You're not alone :)

Dave
From: Hector Santos on
David Lowndes wrote:

>> I always hear good things about Boost, but when I look at it, I get
>> scared away. :)
>
> You're not alone :)

Glad to hear I'm not Abby Normal :)

--