From: Art on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 01:18:18 +0200, Yrrah <Yrrah-acf(a)acf.invalid>
wrote:

>Art <null(a)zilch.com>:
>
>> I was looking for a defagger that would place all files and folders
>> in the lowest sectors of the disks. UltimateDefrag in its Consolidate
>> mode does the trick.
>
>Homepage:
>http://www.disktrix.com/
>
>Freeware? It says try, buy, $29.95.

Looik here instead:

http://www.disktrix.com/UDFree.htm

They made a older version freeware. But as I pointed out to
F. Reeware you can avoid filling out a form by using the
link I provided in my original post.

Art
From: Art on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:18:34 -0700 (PDT), freeware-news
<lajos.toldy(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Ultimate Defrag Freeware Edition 2.0
>http://www.freewaregeeks.com/?page=detail&get_id=176&category=53#

I took a look at that alleged version 2 and found it's the same
version 1.72 I had supplied a link to.

Art
From: Art on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:37:58 -0700 (PDT), YescaMesca
<blaze.hauser(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 10, 6:58�pm, Art <n...(a)zilch.com> wrote:
>> http://download.cnet.com/UltimateDefrag-Freeware-Edition/3000-2094_4-...
>>
>> I was looking for a defagger that would place all files and folders
>> in the lowest sectors of the disks. UltimateDefrag in its Consolidate
>> mode does the trick.
>>
>> My motivation was a situation where my system partition had files
>> and folders scattered all over after a Windows (XP) defrag. I
>> wanted to belatedly create another partition but some files were
>> dangerously close to the end of the partition. It took some time
>> to do it, but UltimateDefrag eventually did the consolidation.
>>
>> BTW, I use Easus partition manager in Windows. It hasn't yet
>> missed a beat.
>>
>> Art
>
>I`ve never used Easeus for partition, but the data recovery software
>is very good as well in my experience. I`m interested in this ultimate
>defrag, gonna try it tonight, thanks for the tips.

You're welcome. Speaking of recovery, Partition Logic
http://partitionlogic.org.uk/
has saved my butt a couple of times. I use the floppy version to fix
messed up MBRs, etc.

Art
From: Art on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:08:31 +0200, Yrrah <Yrrah-acf(a)acf.invalid>
wrote:

>Art <null(a)zilch.com>:
>
>> Looik here instead:
>>
>> http://www.disktrix.com/UDFree.htm
>>
>> They made a older version freeware. But as I pointed out to
>> F. Reeware you can avoid filling out a form by using the
>> link I provided in my original post.
>
>I see. I prefer a homepage, but don't really need this program at the
>moment anyway.

To try UD out again, I took a old 6gb drive and created a clone on it
of a Win 2K system partition using XXCLONE. This took 3GB of the
6 gb backup drive. The files were "splattered" all over the backup
drive. I then used UD to Consolidate them, freeing up the last 3gb of
the drive so I could add a second (2 gb) partition for data .... which
I did. All went well with this. I tested the backup drive and it works
fine.

Art