From: Art on
http://download.cnet.com/UltimateDefrag-Freeware-Edition/3000-2094_4-10582157.html

I was looking for a defagger that would place all files and folders
in the lowest sectors of the disks. UltimateDefrag in its Consolidate
mode does the trick.

My motivation was a situation where my system partition had files
and folders scattered all over after a Windows (XP) defrag. I
wanted to belatedly create another partition but some files were
dangerously close to the end of the partition. It took some time
to do it, but UltimateDefrag eventually did the consolidation.

BTW, I use Easus partition manager in Windows. It hasn't yet
missed a beat.

Art

From: YescaMesca on
On Aug 10, 6:58 pm, Art <n...(a)zilch.com> wrote:
> http://download.cnet.com/UltimateDefrag-Freeware-Edition/3000-2094_4-...
>
> I was looking for a defagger that would place all files and folders
> in the lowest sectors of the disks. UltimateDefrag in its Consolidate
> mode does the trick.
>
> My motivation was a situation where my system partition had files
> and folders scattered all over after a Windows (XP) defrag. I
> wanted to belatedly create another partition but some files were
> dangerously close to the end of the partition. It took some time
> to do it, but UltimateDefrag eventually did the consolidation.
>
> BTW, I use Easus partition manager in Windows. It hasn't yet
> missed a beat.
>
> Art

I`ve never used Easeus for partition, but the data recovery software
is very good as well in my experience. I`m interested in this ultimate
defrag, gonna try it tonight, thanks for the tips.
From: Duddits on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 01:18:18 +0200, Yrrah <Yrrah-acf(a)acf.invalid>
wrote:

>Art <null(a)zilch.com>:
>
>> I was looking for a defagger that would place all files and folders
>> in the lowest sectors of the disks. UltimateDefrag in its Consolidate
>> mode does the trick.
>
>Homepage:
>http://www.disktrix.com/
>
>Freeware? It says try, buy, $29.95.
>
>Yrrah

UltimateDefrag Freeware Edition 1.72
http://download.cnet.com/UltimateDefrag-Freeware-Edition/3000-2094_4-10582157.html

Dud
--
Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.

Leonard McCoy
From: freeware-news on
Ultimate Defrag Freeware Edition 2.0
http://www.freewaregeeks.com/?page=detail&get_id=176&category=53#

LT

From: Art on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 03:16:18 +0200, F. Reeware
<F.Reeware2010(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Art <null(a)zilch.com> wrote:
>
>> I was looking for a defagger that would place all files and folders
>> in the lowest sectors of the disks. UltimateDefrag in its Consolidate
>> mode does the trick.
>>
>> My motivation was a situation where my system partition had files
>> and folders scattered all over after a Windows (XP) defrag. I
>> wanted to belatedly create another partition but some files were
>> dangerously close to the end of the partition. It took some time
>> to do it, but UltimateDefrag eventually did the consolidation.
>
>Thank you. That program is rarely mentioned here. However, there is a
>problem. DiskTrix's UltimateDefrag is not freeware but will set you
>back $29.95.
>Or did you mean to UltraDefrag, which is free open source software?

No. If you go here:
http://www.disktrix.com/UDFree.htm

you will see the free version of Ultimate Defrag listed. They want you
to you fill out a form including your email addy. That's why I gave a
different link that doesn't require filling out a form.

Art