From: Gyorgy David Moldova on
Hi Guys,

I have a strange question for you.

I have an Xperia X2 phone and today, the phone froze, restarted and it
seems like it lost the custom SonyEricsson software which was on it and
reverted to the basic Windows Phone 6.5 software. However, for instance,
Office Mobile is not working, and file explorer hangs sometimes, not to
mention that I miss the user interface as some of the buttons won't work
without the custom software.

So, I took a deep breath and tried to hard reset the device, however, it
didn't go as I planned.

I've tried the following, all to no avail:

-Settings/System/Memory, I reckon it has a third tab to start the hard
reset (Main, Storage card and ...Clear user settings?), however, now it
only shows two tabs...
-followed the reset steps (inserted stylus, held the power button)
-installed a custom hard reset application from handango
-initiated a wipe from my Exchange mailbox

Whatever I do, it just simply boots back the corrupted version of the OS.

Do you have any idea how could I hard reset the phone to have the OS
reinstalled with the custom extensions?

many thanks!
gyorgy