From: Lukasz Zalewski on
On 21/05/2010 16:56, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Am 21.05.2010 06:25, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
>>> When you provisioned samba4 it generated sample bind and zone config for
>>> that dc,
>>> have a look at samba_install_dir/private/dns/samba4.my.domain.zone
>>> which includes all of the dns records for that zone and see which ones
>>> you are missing
>>
>> Indeed, if you used a zone file other than the one we generated, then
>> you are asking for trouble. Please us the one we generate.
>
> I'm using the zone generated by Samba (and did not modify it).

Tomasz,
How are you performing the join?

Luk
Am 23.05.2010 13:51, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:

>>> Indeed, if you used a zone file other than the one we generated, then
>>> you are asking for trouble. Please us the one we generate.
>>
>> I'm using the zone generated by Samba (and did not modify it).
>>

> Tomasz,
> How are you performing the join?

The "normal way": my Computer-> Properties -> Domain... (is it possible
to join a Windows PC differently)?

If it makes a difference, I'm trying to join a Windows 2008 computer.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org
On 5/24/2010 3:39 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski had this to say:
> Am 23.05.2010 13:51, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:

>>> I'm using the zone generated by Samba (and did not modify it).
>>>

>> Tomasz,
>> How are you performing the join?
>
> The "normal way": my Computer-> Properties -> Domain... (is it possible
> to join a Windows PC differently)?

You can join from the command line using the NETDOM utility.

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon(a)mike-leone.com>

USER ERROR: replace user and press any key to continue.

Am 24.05.2010 21:47, Mike Leone wrote:

>>> Tomasz,
>>> How are you performing the join?
>>
>> The "normal way": my Computer-> Properties -> Domain... (is it possible
>> to join a Windows PC differently)?
>
> You can join from the command line using the NETDOM utility.

Right.
Tried that as well, doesn't work for me.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org
Am 25.05.2010 12:14, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

>>> The "normal way": my Computer-> Properties -> Domain... (is it possible
>>> to join a Windows PC differently)?
>>
>> You can join from the command line using the NETDOM utility.
>
> Right.
> Tried that as well, doesn't work for me.

I'll try to build Samba4 from scratch.

The http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO mentions these steps:

$ cd samba-master/source4
$ ./configure.developer
$ make idl_full
$ make

However:

$ make idl_full
make: *** No rule to make target `idl_full'. Stop.

$ grep idl_full *

$

HOWTO should be updated, or is it some mistake on my part?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org