From: Bill on
Is there a setting for un-bound check boxes in
A2003 such that the form will open with the
check boxes shown with a white background?
As it is, the form opens with such boxes shown
with grayed backgrounds. If one then checks
and un-checks the boxes, they will then show
with white backgrounds.

From: fredg on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:29:41 -0700, Bill wrote:

> Is there a setting for un-bound check boxes in
> A2003 such that the form will open with the
> check boxes shown with a white background?
> As it is, the form opens with such boxes shown
> with grayed backgrounds. If one then checks
> and un-checks the boxes, they will then show
> with white backgrounds.

The "white background" would indicate a No value.
Is that OK?
Set the control's default value property to:
0
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Bill on

"fredg" <fgutkind(a)example.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:29:41 -0700, Bill wrote:
>
>> Is there a setting for un-bound check boxes in
>> A2003 such that the form will open with the
>> check boxes shown with a white background?
>> As it is, the form opens with such boxes shown
>> with grayed backgrounds. If one then checks
>> and un-checks the boxes, they will then show
>> with white backgrounds.
>
> The "white background" would indicate a No value.
> Is that OK?
> Set the control's default value property to:
> 0
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

Thanks Fred. Yes, it's my intent to have the text
box open with a No value. (I don't know why it
didn't occur to me to set the default property.)
Thanks again,
Bill