From: Silvio on
Hello folks, I am trying to exclude record from a query that start with a
letter followed by the underscore and other letters. Example:

B_test
B_test2
B_Hello
B_Mach
B_yellow
BA
BT

In this example, I need to exclude anything that starts with B_

My understanding is to use the NOT Like function in that colum criteria such
as:

Like 'B[_]%'

However, it does not do anything (I still get all the records). I know that
underscore is in SQL is not being considered laterally. So how do I handle
this?

Thank you,
Silvio
From: ghetto_banjo on

This worked for me:

Not Like "B_" & "*"

From: Jerry Whittle on
Are you linked to an Oracle database? The % wildcard implies so.

For Access the following will work:

Not Like "B_*"
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Silvio on
Hi Jerry, I am using an ODBC connection to SQL server with Microsoft Access
2007. I tried Not Like"B_*" and that excludes anything that strats with B and
not just B_

From: John Spencer on
Try the following
NOT Like 'B[_]%'

Or more generally - any letter followed by an underscore
NOT Like '[a-z][_]%'

Or even more general - any character followed by an underscore
NOT Like '_[_]%'

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Silvio wrote:
> Hello folks, I am trying to exclude record from a query that start with a
> letter followed by the underscore and other letters. Example:
>
> B_test
> B_test2
> B_Hello
> B_Mach
> B_yellow
> BA
> BT
>
> In this example, I need to exclude anything that starts with B_
>
> My understanding is to use the NOT Like function in that colum criteria such
> as:
>
> Like 'B[_]%'
>
> However, it does not do anything (I still get all the records). I know that
> underscore is in SQL is not being considered laterally. So how do I handle
> this?
>
> Thank you,
> Silvio
 |  Next  |  Last