From: ToddAndMargo on
Hi All,

ws2003R2 terminal server

I know about the registry switch on the workstation to
keep or allow users to map their network attached
printers.

Is there a switch I can throw on the server to make
the setting universal, so I do not have to go around to
all the workstations? I do not want the workstations
to map their network printers. Although, I still want
the server to see all its network printers.

Many thanks,
-T
From: Roman Porter [MSFT] on
The switch that you mention should be a GP that you can apply to all your
workstations.

Thanks,
Roman

From: ToddAndMargo on
On 04/16/2010 12:38 PM, Roman Porter [MSFT] wrote:
> The switch that you mention should be a GP that you can apply to all
> your workstations.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman

Hi Roman,

What do you mean? There is no Active Directory server
on this network. I am looking for a registry setting
or similar.

Many thanks,
-T
From: ToddAndMargo on
On 04/15/2010 10:52 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> ws2003R2 terminal server
>
> I know about the registry switch on the workstation to
> keep or allow users to map their network attached
> printers.
>
> Is there a switch I can throw on the server to make
> the setting universal, so I do not have to go around to
> all the workstations? I do not want the workstations
> to map their network printers. Although, I still want
> the server to see all its network printers.
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Hi All,

It is not as elegant as a single switch, I put the following
in their "netlogon" script (one single line):

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server
Client\Default\AddIns\RDPDR" /v FilterQueueType /t reg_dword /d 0x00000007
/f

I will probably comment the line out in a week or so.

-T