From: David Fejes on
Hello everybody,

can anyone tell me what is the difference between the University
Platform Cable (UW-USB-II-G) and the Platform Cable USB II (HW-USB-II-
G)?
There is almost no search result on the university platform cable,
however it is present at more webshops about half of price as platform
cable USB II. Has anyone tried it? Will it work with the iMPACT and
will it support the xilinx CPLDs?

thank you in advance

From: mng on
I presume that's special pricing for "qualified educational
institutions."

From: David Fejes on
Thank you. I've checked it with the dealers and you have right, it is
for the educational institutions.

However - if anyone is interested - i've found a cheaper alternative:
Digilent XUP USB-JTAG Programming Cable has the same capabilities and
works with the iMPACT software.

have a nice day,

Dave

From: eteam on
>Thank you. I've checked it with the dealers and you have right, it is
>for the educational institutions.
>
>However - if anyone is interested - i've found a cheaper alternative:
>Digilent XUP USB-JTAG Programming Cable has the same capabilities and
>works with the iMPACT software.
>
>have a nice day,
>
>Dave

The Digilent device emulates Xilinx Platform Cable (DLC9G, or HW-USB-G),
not the Platform Cable II (DLC10, or HW-USB-II-G). The biggest
differences, AFAICT, are:

2mm (DLC10) vs 0.1 inch (DLC9) signal header on the pod
ability to assert *PROG pin on FPGA while programming SPI directly (DLC10
only)

- Bob

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com