From: David Lozzi on
Howdy,

I have Vista Ultimate, Office 2007 and using WSS 3.0. When I open a Word
doc, not docx, Word gives me the button to click to Edit Document. When I
click it I get the following error:

unknown error trying to lock file

So I have to save the document locally then make changes then upload it.
Very agravating. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!!

--
David Lozzi
Delphi Technology Solutions
From: Chad Brouwer on
I am having the same problem. In my case it seems to have something to do
with alternate access mappings because if I use the origional url (the host
server's name) to get to the site everything works fine but when I use the
url that I set up in alternate access mapping I get the same error that you
are getting. Hopefully someone else can shed some more light on this.